The hardback, glossy book is an ideal Christmas present for runners.
All 35 years of the race are covered with pictures are reports from each year.
Written by Herald Sun journalist and former course director Chris Muirden, the book includes:
- Extensive coverage of the 2012 race including exclusive photographs.
- Breakouts on the race's most luminary figures including Andrew Lloyd, Ted Paulin, Shirley Young, Sherryn Rhodes and Magnus Michelsson.
- Special chapters on how the race begun and the Spartans.
- The extrodinary years when kids as young as seven were allowed to run.
- Heartbreaking tales of courage from runners Kylie Dick and Nelly Marmy-Conus.
Plus a special online offer:
- A bonus listing of all sub 3hr men and sub 3hr30min women in ranking order.
The book will be printed in November and distributed early December in time for Christmas.
Cost: $49.95 if purchased online here.
NEW YORK CITY MARATHON
We would like to wish the best of luck to all the competitors, volunteers and race organisers of the New York City Marathon which is going ahead this Sunday. We know how challenging it is staging a marathon at the best of times, let alone just four days after a devastating natural disaster. Our thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected in New York by Hurricane Sandy.